Introducing the new generation Ocean Bottom Node Seismic system
Venator is a complete seabed seismic system, designed with focus on integration between the Seismic Node, the Automation System and Data Management System. Our main objectives in the development were to:
- Combine streamer efficiency with Ocean bottom seismic data quality
- Reduce CAPEX for our customers
- Develop a robust and easy-to-operatate Ocean Bottom Node System
This is accomplished by:
- More equipment on the seabed combined with efficient deployment and recovery
- Same system covers all operational modes: Node-on-a-rope for both shallow and deep water, ROV deployment and Reservoir Monitoring
- Simplicity and reliability throughout the design
The solution is capable of acquiring Ocean Bottom Seismic at cost which has never been seen before, without compromising data quality. This step-change in cost-efficiency is expected to fuel the OBS market in the same way as improved cost-efficiency in the nineties fueled the 3D streamer market.
As well as offering a step change in cost and efficiency, Venator is designed to meet the industry’s demand for a robust and easy-to-operate Ocean Bottom Node (OBN) system. The modular design allows the system to fit most vessel types in addition to containerized solutions. Major improvements to conventional node-on-a-rope systems include longer battery life, built-in positioning transponder, a high degree of automation, including hands free launch and recovery, and new sophistication in data management software. Venator further offers a unique and capex-light solution that can be used for all kind of node operations, whereas others typically need two different systems to cover the full range of node operations.