Introducing the new generation Ocean Bottom Node Seismic system
Venator is a complete seabed seismic system, designed with focus on integration between the Seismic Node, the Automation System and Data Management System. Our main objectives in the development were to:
- Combine streamer efficiency with Ocean bottom seismic data quality
- Reduce CAPEX for our customers
- Develop a robust and easy-to-operatate Ocean Bottom Node System
This is accomplished by:
- More equipment on the seabed combined with efficient deployment and recovery
- Same system covers all operational modes: Node-on-a-rope for both shallow and deep water, ROV deployment and Reservoir Monitoring
- Simplicity and reliability throughout the design
The solution is capable of acquiring Ocean Bottom Seismic at cost which has never been seen before, without compromising data quality. This step-change in cost-efficiency is expected to fuel the OBS market in the same way as improved cost-efficiency in the nineties fueled the 3D streamer market.
As well as offering a step change in cost and efficiency, Venator is designed to meet the industry’s demand for a robust and easy-to-operate Ocean Bottom Node (OBN) system. The modular design allows the system to fit most vessel types in addition to containerized solutions. Major improvements to conventional node-on-a-rope systems include longer battery life, built-in positioning transponder, a high degree of automation, including hands free launch and recovery, and new sophistication in data management software. Venator further offers a unique and capex-light solution that can be used for all kind of node operations, whereas others typically need two different systems to cover the full range of node operations.
Following is an animation highlighting some of the main the benefits of Venator.